Plukenetia volubilis L.
The sacha inchi (Plukenetia volubilis L.) with more than 3000 years old and known in the world as the “Inca peanut”, is a plant native to the Peruvian Amazon which has been used since the time of the Inca empire for its countless benefits.
This natural seed is an excellent source of vegetable protein, fiber and amino acids. It has natural antioxidants, it provides vitamins A and E and mainly omega 3,6 and 9. It is gluten and cholesterol free. It can be consumed in oil, grain or as flour.
This walnut was used by the natives of the Amazon as a natural antioxidant, a way to lower cholesterol and a way to strengthen the immune system. Sacha inchi oil is highly prized for its essential fatty acid content.
Its essential oil content can help to overcome irritable bowel syndrome, since they are essential to maintain intestinal permeability. In addition, omega 3 fatty acids can contribute to decrease the amount of triglycerides and other fats produced in the liver. It contains a large amount of omega 3 (more than 48%), omega 6 (36%) and omega 9 (8%) and protein (33%). It contains antioxidants, vitamin A, alpha-tocopherol and vitamin E.
- It is a natural antioxidant.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Controls and reduces cholesterol.
- Combats tiredness, stress, nervous or mental exhaustion, insomnia.
- Helps strengthen the heart and maintains blood pressure.
- Its anti-inflammatory property helps in cases of suffering from arthritis, arteriosclerosis, rheumatism and osteoporosis.
- Regulates blood pressure. It prevents myocardial infarction and arterial thrombosis. In addition, it reduces the triglyceride levels which improves blood flow.
Sacha Inchi Snack
These are roasted seeds that can come in 2 forms: salty and unsalted. It can be used as a tasty snack, in a mixture of dry fruits, protein bars, etc.
Sacha inchi Oil
It is ideal for accomplish our daily intake of nutrients in salad dressings or as an ingredient of any food.
Sacha Inchi Powder
It is considered a complete protein source because it contains the nine essential amino acids that can help cell growth to maintain a normal muscle support. It is ideal for protein shakes and baking.