Cat’s claw (Uncaria tomentosa) is an Amazon climbing plant that can reach 20 meters in height. It comes mainly from the virgin forests of Peru, although it is also found in other areas of the Amazon in Brazil, Bolivia or French Guiana. 2,000 years ago the indigenous tribes used it for making tea due to its medicinal properties.
This plant has had a wide variety of uses over time and various benefits are attributed to it.
Nowadays, it has got international recognition for being one of the most valued plants for its therapeutic potential.
Among the active ingredients contained in the root and bark of this medicinal plant are the oxindole alkaloids, glycosides, polyphenols, terpenes and steroids.
Thanks to these components, cat’s claw has analgesic, antioxidant, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, immunostimulatory, anticoagulant, antifungal, cardioprotective, antidiabetic, healing, antiallergic and even contraceptive effects.
Its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and other potential benefits make this Amazonian plant one of the most studied and one of the most demanded by cosmetics and medicine.
Cat’s claw is often combined with the medical and therapeutic action of other herbs to enhance the relief and cure of diseases.
- Reduces pain due to rheumatism, arthritis and other inflammatory problems.
- Wound healing.
- As a treatment for gastric ulcers and intestinal pains.
- Relieves chronic pain.
- Improves immunity, so it strengths the immune system.
- Relieves stomach problems such as gastritis and duodenal ulcers.
- Fights infections like herpes and candida.
- Helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Prevents heart disease.
- Reduces joint and muscle pain.
- Improves cases of asthma and bronchitis.
La uña de gato en polvo es un gran ingrediente para infusiones, suplementos, batidos que permitirá estimular todo tu día.